Covid-19 scare: 23-year-old woman tested positive in Chandigarh

Covid-19 scare: 23-year-old woman tested positive in Chandigarh
Covid-19 scare: 23-year-old woman tested positive in Chandigarh

The pandemic Covid-19 seems to have spread its fangs in Chandigarh, with a 23-year-old woman tested positive, being the  first confirmed case in the Union territory of Chandigarh, an official confirmed on Thursday.

As per the available source, the woman had returned from London and was found to be tested positive for novel corona virus, sending shock waves across among the city residents, besides getting those at the helms on toe to mull and take on the zombie of Covid-19.

A resident of Sector 21, Chandigarh, the woman was tested positive for Corona virus at the Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER), the official said.

The Director PGIMER, Dr Jagat Ram, said the woman suspected to have contracted the deadly virus, saying it was the first confirmed COVID-19 incident happening in in Chandigarh.

Meanwhile, the administration has cancelled all kinds of public dealing at the UT Secretariat as a precautionary measure against the new pandemic virus spreading its fangs across the country in general and City in particular.

The administration has also put on hold the public visits to various departments to pre-empt chances of the spread of deadly virus. All concerned in various departments have also directed to dispose of the office work expeditiously in order avoiding public presence in offices.

Nursing Coaching - Staff Nurse Recruitment & Nursing Entrance Exam
Nursing Coaching – Staff Nurse Recruitment & Nursing Entrance Exam

Meanwhile, the staff in the departments/ offices will be subjected to a statutory thermal scanning so as to detect symptoms of the Covid-19 virus and diagnose the deadly disease. Official meetings, except the emergent ones, have also been banned in order to keep check on spread of virus.

It may be recalled, the administration had already ordered closure of cinemas halls, shopping malls, gymnasiums, swimming pools, pubs, spas and coaching centres across the city till March 31. The access to the historic Rock Garden had also kept on hold till further order as a precautionary measure.

The rising incidents of novel coronavirus in India rose to 169 on Thursday with 18 fresh cases reported from various parts of the country, said a Union Health Ministry source. The cases included 25 foreign nationals — 17 from Italy, 3 from the Philippines, two from the UK, one each from Canada, Indonesia and Singapore.    

Call Now

×

Whatsapp Chat

How Can I Help You?

 

× whatsUp