B.Sc. Nursing (4 Years) Course (only for female candidates)
Number of Seats
|Course||Gen||SC||ST||OBC||For PGI staff PWD*||Total|
|B.Sc. Nsg. (4 yrs)||47||14||07||25||– 03||93|
- The number of seats mentioned for Persons with Disability (PWD) will be adjusted against the category to which he / she belongs.
- The candidates having disability to the tune of 40% to 50% of lower extremity declared by authorized Medical Board of the State Govt./Govt. of India or any other Competent Authority authorized in this regard by the Government having Nursing expert as a member of the Board only to be considered.
- The admission notice is published in leading newspapers in India usually during the months of May/June every year.
B.Sc. Nursing (4 years) – only for female candidates
1) The minimum educational requirement shall be 10+2 examination passed with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English or any other examination as equivalent thereto with at least 50% marks in aggregate. Candidates appearing in 10+2 examination in April-May, 2017 can also apply for the course, but they will be issued Admit card/Roll numbers only if they submit the certificates/marks sheet from the respective Boards of their having passed the 10+2 examination to the Principal, NINE PGI 10 days before the commencement of the entrance examination.
2) AGE LIMIT: Not more than 25 years and not less than 17 years on 1st September, 2017 i.e. those born after 1st September, 2000 and before 1st September 1992 are not eligible.
Nursing Written Test is of objective type and in English language on the following subjects as given below:-
Note: Question paper will consist of 100 questions of objective type with a single correct response out of four options. Negative marking (0.25) will be done for wrong answers.
- B.Sc. NURSING (4 Years)
|Subject||No. of questions||Marks|
|General knowledge/ Current affairs||10||10|
(The syllabi will be of 10+2 standard)
STIPEND / SCHOLARSHIPS
B.Sc. Nursing (4 years): Institute awards Rs.500/- per month as stipend during four years to all students. Students are required to execute bond to serve the PGIMER, Chandigarh and other Central Govt. Institutions only for a period of three years if offered a job within six months by any of the above mentioned institutes after the completion of the training otherwise after six months of the completion of the training, this condition of the bond will be in-operative. The students are required to open a Saving Bank Account with the SBI, Institute Branch.