What is Nursing?
Amid all other professions on earth, one of the noble professions in Nursing. Nurses are known for tirelessly working for safeguarding public health in various settings including hospitals, primary or secondary health care centres, public schools, community workers, defense services or even at home.
Nursing as a field comes under the category of specialized health care professionals that deal with the need of individuals and society for holding the health care journey of patients. Duties performed by nurses include caring of ill, sick or injured patients, assessing and monitoring their health, maintain their health record, determining the need of the patients, developing together with their health care plans and explaining them about their conditions and followed up health knowledge. They are also required to document the health signs, care and medication given to the patients under assessment.
The most important skill of a nursing professional is his/her dedication towards work, patience in working with patients and doctors, humbleness, good communication skills and compassion towards this profession. They usually work under the supervision of a doctor constantly to coordinate the best health plans for each patient or sometimes even independently.
Understanding Nursing in India
Providing adequate ‘Health care services’ is one out of 17 UN Sustainable Goals of which India is a signatory. Acknowledging the universal health coverage, health financing and retention of the health sector workforce are other relevant with direct relevance to India. This indicates towards increasing scope of health professionals in India.
In India, two-third of health care professionals are nurses. They make a significant contribution in acknowledging, maintaining and progressing for the health of people in the nation, hence indicating the widened scopes and abundance of career opportunities for nurses in India or abroad. However, there are strides of challenges amid the multiplied role and responsibilities of Nursing staff.
Indian Nursing Council is the nodal agency to establish and maintain a standard of nursing in India. To work as a nurse, firstly, one has to earn a degree or diploma in nursing and then after they have to crack any of the nursing recruitment exam to get placed in reputed institutes in India.
Following are the Nursing Programs offered in India for admission in the school/college of Nursing-
- Auxiliary Nurse and Midwife (R. ANM)
- General Nurse and Midwifery (R.N & R.M)
- B.Sc. (Post Basic) (R.N & R.M)
- B.Sc. (Post Basic)
The program listed above from 4 to 7 comes under the category of additional qualifications. The highest rank within this profession is Nursing Practitioner.
How to take admission in Nursing Programs in India?
For taking admission various nursing courses, online applications are invited from various organizations such as AIIMS, PGI, GMSH, etc from time to time. Candidates meeting the essential qualifications should fill the application form on the prescribed dates. Detailed of the same can be found by visiting the concerned website of the organization.
Who can apply?
For taking admission into programs such as B.Sc. Nursing, the candidate who have passed 10+2 examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English or any other examination with at least 50 % Marks are eligible. The Age Limit for the year of application should not be more than 25 years and not less than 17 years. However, the conditions may vary with the organization you are applying with.
The candidates appearing in 10+2 examination can also apply for the course provided they show proof of passing certificate/ mark sheet of 10+2 exam from their respective boards as and when required.
Process of admission in nursing courses-
Usually, a written test of objective type is conducted for admission wherein the knowledge of the applicant is tested for- Chemistry, Physics, Biology, English, and General Awareness. The Test is conducted in the English Language only.
The selection will be made strictly in order of merit of the candidates in the respective merit lists of entrance test. The overall rank of all the candidates shall be decided based on percentile scores, with a higher percentile score translating into a better rank.
An overall merit list based on the percentile obtained by all the candidates appearing in the examination in the theory examination (irrespective of their category) will be prepared. Candidates of various categories, who secure percentile in the theory examination, as mentioned against each category, will qualify for admission.
In Nutshell- based on the marks obtained in the written test, a merit list will be prepared. Candidates may be invited for an interview (if applicable) strictly in order of merit in the respective merit lists based on the marks obtained by them in the entrance examination. The number of candidates to be called for the interview will be three times the total number of seats to be filled in each category from candidates who fulfill the cut off points.
Coaching for Competitive Exams in Nursing –
Following are the important competitive exams held in Nursing aspirant’s life-
- Admission Entrance Test (for taking admission in nursing courses)
- Nursing Officer (Staff Nurse) Recruitment Test
Ideally, an aspirant should rely on his/her own level of effort. Further, your preparation can be enhanced by joining a good coaching class for Nursing exam preparation. This is how a good coaching centre provides an edge to your preparation-
- Save your precious time – Time Management is the key. Learning from the experts benefits you in one way for sure- It helps you in saving tremendous time. You may either choose to learn by doing (a time-consuming process) or learn from other’s mistakes (time-saving exercise). Here, coaching ensures Time management for each aspirant.
- Self-analysis exercise at Coaching – The analysis of previous year question papers, of either admission or recruitment exam patterns, and trends need extra efforts. A Nursing Academy is intended to regularly maintain and keep itself on the toe to remain updated.
- Staying and sharpening your focus-It seems not only good to be focused but also a time-tested winning formula. With the rapidly changing demands and dynamics of examination patterns, no one can afford to ‘tried-and-tested’ tools. Rather focused teaching, revision schedules are the essential criteria. At coaching, this can be maintained.
- More organized learning- A good Nursing Academy fosters a competitive approach with organized learning. While providing detailed teaching, content-rich study material, MCQs, Previous year question papers and along with it, pushes our students to do regular self-study as well.
- Structured interactive atmosphere- preparation requires an ample amount of time for classes, self-study and long hours of concentration. To this fuel can be added by coaching classes if you go interactive with the like-minded- peers, teachers to easily clarify your doubts more convincingly. The learning atmosphere at the coaching centre stimulates such an environment.
- Provides authentic mentors- Our right kind of mentors help to cover up of whole syllabus, revision schedules, strict evaluation practices, doubt handling sessions and much more. For each level of aspirants, we have designed strategies ranging from basic to advance to provide coaching with excellence at par.
We are Mantram Nursing Academy, based in Chandigarh!
Ensuring your success is the only priority of Mantram Nursing Coaching Academy Chandigarh. We understand that every student has a dream but at times issues like- lack of focus, motivation, irregular routine, mismanagement of time, energy, etc. prevails which prevents them from attaining the desired results. Time might not be always sufficient to take care of every bit and aspect of your preparation on your own.
Mantram Nursing Academy knows the essence of your time and energy. Our testimonials and shining results speak about our dedication level in guiding students for competitive exams for Staff Nursing officer.
Get in touch with our counselors to know more.